The Operations Committee informs, helps co-ordinate and lead the operations of IMCA by overseeing the programme of work and delivery plans of all committees. It comprises the chairmen of all our technical and regional committees. Its chairman and vice-chairman also serve on the Board.
The role of the Operations Committee is to:
- Provide an additional vehicle for two-way dialogue between members and the Board.
- Approve applications to become members of IMCA
- Allow committee chairmen to contribute to developing IMCA strategy, to keep informed of and aligned with IMCA strategy and to exchange ideas with each other and with the Board
- Assist the Technical Director to monitor delivery of work plans
- Oversee the processes for succession planning for committee members and chairmen and for IMCA elections
- Advise the CEO and Board on the overall structure of committees
- Through the CEO and Technical Director guide the work of the secretariat on technical matters.