IMCA is a trade associations formed of members operating in the offshore construction industries. As such, we exist for the benefit of our members by promoting areas of common interest, such as health, safety, quality, environmental and technical standards in order to improve business performance. We achieve this with strict adherence to the IMCA Competition Law Policy.
- IMCA has a membership of marine contractors, large and small, operating nationally and internationally, together with their supplier companies, with a corresponding membership category available to clients and regulatory bodies
- We operate through a committee structure which focuses on many different areas of technical expertise. Our work includes:
- Promoting good practice by developing technical guidance documents based on members’ cumulative experience world-wide;
- The sharing of safety-related information between members, helping to raise offshore safety standards towards a ‘zero injury’ goal
- Monitoring national and international legislation and other industry developments likely to affect members’ businesses, providing briefing and using expert input from members to lobby regulators and other key decision makers on their behalf;
- Liaison with client bodies and other third party organisations to promote members’ interests and the expertise available in member companies;