IMCA works hard to ensure continuous improvement in the safety performance of the marine contracting sector.
Our Safety Flash system provides a fast and vital communication channel for the industry and helps prevent recurrence of the situation.
IMCA members also have access to an extensive resource of materials designed to help them to develop and strengthen the safety culture in their own workforce.
Our HSSE Committee works on a number of safety initiatives as well as co-ordinating safety-related issues with our technical divisions:
- Good practice guidance to improve safety in the marine contracting sector
- Incident reporting and analysis to facilitate safe, reliable and efficient operations, including:
- Safety Flashes to highlight potential workplace incidents and help avoid a recurrence
- Safety promotion materials to develop and strengthen the safety culture in member organisations
- Seminars and workshops to encourage the sharing of safety information among members, in addition to regular discussion at committee, workgroup and regional meetings
- Safety statistics to identify industry trends and provide a benchmarking tool for members.