The International Diving Industry Forum (IDIF) is an unincorporated voluntary arrangement of leading industry stakeholders meeting together in the shared interest of diving safety in the energy industry.
The Forum has been established by three key industry stakeholders – the International Marine Contractors Association (IMCA); the Association of Diving Contractors International (ADCI); and the International Association of Oil and Gas Producers (IOGP) – to reduce and control the risks associated with energy industry diving operations carried out anywhere in the world.
- Brings leading industry stakeholders together in a collaborative, constructive effort to promote international energy industry diving safety;
- Provides a specialist forum for discussions, sharing ideas and experiences, and for targeting themes for improving diving safety;
- Facilitates effective communications between the leading diving industry stakeholders;
- Supports and promotes the leading industry associations in their efforts to develop and maintain appropriate international guidelines for the safe conduct of energy industry diving operations;
- Supports the leading industry associations in their efforts to develop and maintain a standardised approach to the safe conduct of energy industry diving operations;
- Facilitates ongoing improvement in international energy industry diving safety.
The Forum meets twice a year to discuss topical energy industry diving safety issues, identify noteworthy problems, and produce solutions that are fully endorsed by all three leading trade associations.
A 10-member Working Committee manages the affairs of the Forum. The Working Committee Chairman is the sitting Chairman of the IOGP Diving Operations Safety Committee (DOSC); whilst the office of Working Committee Vice-Chairman alternates, by agreement, between the sitting Chairman of the IMCA Diving Division Management Committee (DDMC) and a Working Committee representative of the ADCI.
Detailed terms of reference for the IDIF have been developed to facilitate its work. These may be downloaded below: