The UK government has published the industrial strategy progress report, which highlights the achievements, latest activities and future priorities of the industrial strategy.
The progress report provides a timely update on the eleven sectors:
- Agricultural Technologies
- Information Economy
- International Education
- Life Sciences
- Offshore Wind
- Oil and Gas
- Professional and Business Services
As well as an update on the five cross cutting themes:
- Sector Partnerships: Providing support for all sectors to help increase global competitiveness, support innovation and maximise export potential.
- Technologies: Supporting the development and commercialisation of technologies where theUKhas the research expertise and business capability to become a world leader.
- Skills: Working to deliver the skills that employers need, giving businesses more say over how government funding for skills is spent.
- Access to finance: Helping businesses get the finance they need to invest in people and equipment and to grow.
- Procurement: DevelopingUKsupply chains and creating a simpler and more transparent public sector procurement system
Help spread the word
- Follow@bisgovuk and @bispressoffice for mentions/retweets/discussion on Twitter
- Remember to use the Industrial Strategy hashtag in your tweets:#IndustrialStrategy.We’ll also be using#BuildingBritainwhen talking about construction and infrastructure projects which are creating jobs and growth forBritain
- Infographics for all the sectors are available on our Flickr channel: https://www.flickr.com/photos/bisgovuk/sets/72157633021669313/
- We’ve created an online timeline to show all the work that’s been done since the launch of the Industrial Strategy http://bit.ly/1nsb9E6
- There are videos on our Youtube channel of the Sector Council Leads talking about the progress made in their sectors since the launch of the Strategy http://bit.ly/1jKouVQ