Welcome to the online version of the IMCA monthly summary.
Here you can find a handy list of all IMCA output – publications, information notes, minutes, news updates, events information and more - to help you catch up, or to identify the issues we’ve been working on that are the most important to you.
Browse the latest six months' output, or filter further back or for any specific period.
- COVID-19 Update: Swift COVID-19 vaccines urged for largest U.S. ports amid cargo backlogs
- COVID-19 Update: International Investors Call on UN for Actions to protect Seafarers
- COVID-19 Update: Port of Santos workers will have priority in vaccination
- COVID-19 Update: Netherlands Entrance Requirements
- Fuel Consumption Data Collection
- Annual Safety Statistics Submission – NOW OPEN
- Ensuring eCMID and eMISW Inspection Integrity During the COVID-19 Pandemic
- Safety Flashes – Summary of 2020
No articles published during this period.
- Positive: vessel improvements made following a man overboard incident
- Vessel Near Miss with wellhead
- Lifeboat wire rope failure
- Near miss: uncontrolled movement of mooring chain
- Dutch Safety Board: fatality when mooring line snapped
- Stop work authority enforced – unsafe conditions, no appropriate lifting gear available
- Secured material fell against crewman causing injury
- NTSB: Overturning of the Liftboat Kristin Faye
- Safety Flashes – a summary of 2020
- MSF: Cargo Snagging
- NTSB: Flooding, sinking and loss of tugboat Mangilao
No DP events published during this period.
- Diving Certification Revalidation and CPD
- Guidance on simultaneous operations (SIMOPS)
- Guidance on operational activity planning
- Pressure Gauges and Other Forms of Pressure Monitoring Equipment Used in Conjunction with Diving Operations
- Prevention of explosions during battery charging in relation to diving systems
- Standardised Boat Landing Research Report
- Guidance on Drug & Alcohol Policies and Testing