Welcome to the online version of the IMCA monthly summary.
Here you can find a handy list of all IMCA output – publications, information notes, minutes, news updates, events information and more - to help you catch up, or to identify the issues we’ve been working on that are the most important to you.
Browse the latest six months' output, or filter further back or for any specific period.
- International Chamber of Shipping Guidance on COVID-19 vaccination
- DPO CPD APP Launched by Nautical Institute and IMCA
- Consultation on IMCA’s Code of Practice on Environmental Sustainability
- Publications is the new home for Information Notes and Bulletins
- Making Waves – March 2021
- Industry backs United Nations $5 Billion “Moon-Shot” Programme to Decarbonise Shipping
- A chance to recognise engineering excellence?
- Bypassing Safety Controls remains a top reason for safety incidents or events reported to IMCA
- IMCA’s Asia Pacific and Middle East & India Regional Committees present a webinar focusing on Market, Technical and Regional Updates
- Revision of the Guidelines for GNSS Positioning in the Oil & Gas Industry published by IOGP and IMCA
- Engineer suffered burn injuries in engine room incident
- Case study: Lone watchkeeping grounding at night
- Incorrect measurement and markings on divers umbilical
- Dropped Object – Steel deck plate falls from pipelay tower
- Dropped object during crane operations
- MSF: Air cylinder failure in lifeboat
- Electric shock due to water in electrical equipment
- Tumble dryer fire: lint ignition
- Crane wire parted during offshore operations
- Fatality: person crushed when secured material fell on him
- Vessel hull damage due to quayside contact
- Failure of natural fibre rope in embarkation ladder
- Line of fire: deck tugger wire failure
- Bypassing safety controls – violation of working at height requirements
- Three man overboard fatalities
No DP events published during this period.