Welcome to the online version of the IMCA monthly summary.
Here you can find a handy list of all IMCA output – publications, information notes, minutes, news updates, events information and more - to help you catch up, or to identify the issues we’ve been working on that are the most important to you.
Browse the latest six months' output, or filter further back or for any specific period.
No articles published during this period.
- MSF: Corrosion in fire-fighting equipment
- Searchlight fell from vessel during heavy weather
- USCG: Exceeding electrical duty rating can lead to failure
- Near miss: grinder disc rotation set up in the wrong direction
- Surface decompression near-miss
- This is not a drill…an LTI during a drill (MSF)
- Safe Use of Ladders and Stepladders
- IOGP: Dropped object with potential for injury – riser release
- Process Safety Fundamentals – IOGP / Step Change
- Explosion – hot work in a flammable atmosphere (Transport Malta)
- MSF: Manual Handling Injury During Bulk Hose Operations
- Maintenance and painting – two incidents
- MAIB: Loss of containers overboard – task seen as routine
- Near miss: Floor Plate fell from Main Mast during storm
- Riggers injured while disconnecting rigging
No DP events published during this period.