COVID-19/Coronavirus – Industry and expert guidance
COVID-19 continues to have a significant impact globally and specifically on our industry.
Please see below a compilation of the various safety flashes and briefing notes related to COVID-19 that we have circulated to our members recently.
Please note that the IMCA Secretariat continues to maintain services to our members by working remotely. Please therefore continue to contact us in the normal ways.
This page continues to be updated as the situation evolves.
- Please note that NEW information will be highlighted as such for 7 days from the date of issue on this site.
- Information published prior to the beginning of May 2020 is available in our COVID-19 briefing resource area.
IMCA-published information on COVID-19
- IMCA Safety Flashes
- There are no recent Safety Flashes relating to COVID-19 – any Safety Flashes relating to COVID-19 can be viewed in our COVID-19 resource area
- IMCA Information Notes
- 26 August 2020: REV 1 – Renewal of Diver Medic Certification during the COVID-19 Pandemic
- 13 August 2020: REV 2.1 – IMCA Policy for the validity of Diver Medicals during the COVID-19 Pandemic
- 23 July 2020: IMCA diving Supervisor and ALST Training during the COVID-19 Pandemic
- 09 July 2020: eCMID/eMISW Temporary Validity Extension Ending
- 07 July 2020: IMCA Policy for Validity of Diver Medicals during COVID-19 Pandemic – Rev.1
- 01 July 2020: COVID-19 and returning to the workplace
- 29 June 2020: IMCA Diver Medic Training during COVID-19 Member only content
- 17 June 2020: Norwegian Directorate of Health statement normalising the validity of offshore health certificates and divers’ health certificates
- Information published prior to the beginning of June 2020 is available in our COVID-19 briefing resource area.
- IMCA News or Press Releases
- NEW 14 September: Statement by United Nations’ Agencies on Crew Changes
- 05 August: Crew Change Overview – Asia Region
- 03 August: Crew changes resume in UAE ports and waters – FTA Circular 12-20 UAE Maritime Protocol and UAE Maritime Activities Return to Work Safely Protocol
- 29 Jul: G7 High-Level Transportation Principles in Response to COVID-19
- 22 Jul: IMO Circular Letter No 424-Add-19-Rev2 – Guidance for flag States regarding surveys and renewal of certificates
- 15 July – Crew Change Procedures in South Korea
- Information published prior to 1 May is available in our COVID-19 briefing resource area.