- This event has passed.
IMCA DP Conference 2022
IMCA is hosting a Dynamic Positioning (DP) Conference in 2022 focusing on technical and operational matters relating to DP. This event will be of interest to those involved in both offshore renewable energy and offshore oil & gas operations.
Dynamic Positioning is in our DNA as our heritage goes back to 1989 in this area.
We have an exciting line up of speakers and interactive sessions alongside IMCA’s renowned Quickfire Totally Technology Session.
This two-day seminar provides an opportunity for IMCA members and industry colleagues to participate in an industry forum where attendees will hear from experts in Dynamic Positioning and have the opportunity to participate in Q&A sessions and workshops helping to formulate the work programme for IMCA’s Dynamic Positioning Committee.
Outputs from this conference will influence and shape this area of our industry.
By attending this event you can influence future development strategies and code/guideline improvements. This is an ideal opportunity to further discussions in the industry.
- Parties involved in offshore renewable energy
- Parties involved in offshore oil & gas operations
- Representatives from a variety of marine related contractors, suppliers, associations and the related industry bodies.
- Anyone with an interest in dynamic positioning and related activities.
- DP Practitioners, Key DP Personnel, AVIs
Key topics during the conference:
- IMCA DP Reflection covering all aspects of DP from within the Secretariat covering key areas of the DP Committee’s ongoing programme
- Assurance & Training covering DP content and findings analysis from eCMID and eMISW, the latest on DP training, accreditation and continual professional development.
- A dedicated session on operational challenges including a look at shallow water operations, hearing from the people behind the DP desk, DP Annual Trials & Assurance, Decision Support Tools and IMCA guidance for renewable energy projects.
- Open panel discussions with key industry experts.
- IMCA Quickfire session where companies are invited to submit proposals to deliver short snappy presentations on a range of new and innovative areas.
Networking and sponsorship opportunities.
Sponsorship opportunities ranging from drinks reception, coffee breaks, lunches, wifi, interactive tool sli.do.
The Quickfire, Totally Technology Session has been a regular feature of IMCA’s Annual Seminar programme and provides an opportunity for often small and medium sized companies to showcase their ideas and innovations to industry leaders in a dynamic and inspiring way.
- There will be a review process to select the best proposals for the session.
- This session is only open to companies, not individuals and companies must be IMCA members or affiliates of IMCA members. There is no limit on company size or membership category.
- The session will comprise a fixed number of companies presenting their pitch on their technology.
- A time limit is set and is strictly controlled by the session moderator. A count-down clock is used to maintain the schedule.
- The technology or innovation should be new or relatively new to the oil and gas or renewables industry.
- Background information on the company and its business should be minimal – we don’t want long corporate explanations.
- Quickfire participants need to register and pay any conference fees prior to the event.
- Quickfire participants will be featured in the event programme.
Apply by submitting:
- The proposed presentation
- An abstract explaining the technology or innovation in 150 words
- Additional supporting video/photographs/charts/etc may be included
A review committee will assess all entrants and select the companies to present during the event.
Deadline for submissions : 12 May 2022
31 May from 08:00 Amsterdam
Ends 1 June (ends 16:00) Amsterdam
IMCA Members*: £250
* AVIs, DP Practitioners and Seagoing staff with proof of service qualify for member rate
Terms & Conditions apply
Please contact the hotel directly regarding any accommodation queries.
Complimentary Steinberger shuttle bus runs from bus stop A9 outside Schiphol airport terminal between 06:00 and 23:00hrs.