Freelance Competence Assessment e-portfolios
IMCA’s competence assessment e-portfolios have been designed so that individuals can take ownership of their own work experience within a standard framework, adding evidence and completing competencies as they move from project to project or from one company to another. The e-portfolio is intended to be a dynamic document used to record task competence pertinent to the role.
These documents are generated by the Competence & Training Committee in conjunction with the relevant technical division committee.
Material is available for Offshore Survey and Remote Systems & ROV competence roles. Each e-portfolio includes a series of documents:
The following spreadsheets each contain an outline of the process, an editable worksheet for each competence role, and a editable worksheet for software and hardware competence assessment. The intent is that roles that are not pertinent can be deleted:
- Freelance competence e-portfolio Excel spreadsheet (Offshore Survey)
- Freelance competence e-portfolio Excel spreadsheet (Remote Systems & ROV)
Template documents for observations, questioning and testimonies:
- Worked example observation record
- Worked example questioning record
- Worked example witness testimony
- Worked example candidate testimony
These documents are developed for use by individual freelance workers and can also be used by contractors and personnel agencies looking for a template on which to base their own competence schemes. All relevant documents are available from our Publications section under Competence and Training.
- There is no central registration or application process regarding these e-portfolios
- IMCA does not play any direct role in the assessment of competence or the administration of certification of these materials. This is the role of the company member.
Technical Adviser – Marine Renewable Energy