Published on 23 November 2020
Registration is now open for ‘North America: Energy Transition to Renewables’ the International Marine Contractors Association (IMCA) North America Regional Webinar taking place on 3 December (08:30hrs CDT). The event is hosted by IMCA’s North America Regional Committee and provides an opportunity for IMCA members throughout North America to be updated on the work of IMCA.
It embraces offshore wind; environmental sustainability; IMCA’s recent activities concerning COVID-19; the recent US Coast Guard policy changes relating to diving; and the latest IMCA guidance documents and activities.
Bruce Gresham, Director of Client Engagement, explained:
“The webinar will address the most popular topics from our Member survey in July and also bring attendees up-to-date on other highly relevant topics to our North American membership.”
Introduced by IMCA’s Diving and Lifting Technical Adviser, Phil Towers, we will begin by exploring the proposed expansion of the offshore renewable energy sector in North America, providing directions towards new opportunities whilst exploring lessons learned from early experiences within this sector in Europe.
We’ve a packed programme with opportunities for our Members to raise questions during the session.”
The full line-up
The 2-hour packed webinar includes:
- Introduction by Phil Towers, IMCA Diving and Lifting Technical Adviser
- John Hensley, VP Research & Analytics from the American Wind Energy Association with a forecast of the upcoming wind farm projects off the US East Coast.
- Bob Kingdom, Senior Project Manager from Hughes Subsea Services who will discuss his experiences over the past fifteen years in the evolution of the offshore windfarm construction industry.
- Nadine Robinson, IMCA Technical Adviser – Environmental Sustainability, illustrating how environmental sustainability fits in with IMCA’s objectives.
- Margaret Fitzgerald, IMCA’s Head of Policy and Regulatory Affairs exploring IMCA’s influence on IMO to assist with crew changes and travel to and from worksites during the current COVID-19 restriction.
- Bruce Gresham IMCA’s NA Regional Director; Pete Sieniewicz, IMCA’s NA Regional Representative covering IMCA’s current topical activities.