Published on 20 September 2022
The full programme and biographical details of all the speakers at the International Marine Contractors Association’s (IMCA’s) Lifting Technology and Lifting in Offshore Renewables Seminar, being held at the Novotel Hotel at Schiphol Airport, Amsterdam on 27 October 2022, are online on the association’s website.
This year’s line-up includes speakers from key stakeholders including Van Oord, Lloyd’s Register, Seaway 7, Boskalis, Cadeler, Heerema, Huisman, Siemens Gamesa, Remazel, Sequalize and Delft University of Technology (TU Delft).
The eleventh seminar in the annual series is the subject of a podcast available below, it features a conversation between Mark Ford, Marine & Quality Manager at IMCA and David Cannell from TechnipFMC, who will chair the packed day of presentations, discussion, workshops and networking.
As David Cannell explains in the podcast:
“Next month’s event is put together by a workgroup, that I chair, comprised of people involved in IMCA’s Lifting and Rigging Committee work. They are IMCA members and have experience and knowledge of activity within our industry. You could say the event is created by the industry for the industry.”. He goes on to confirm just who the members of the working group are.
“These events are primarily a discussion forum for members and non-members alike covering key technical and operational topics. Bringing a mix of presentations and workshops allows attendees to focus on the specific topics during the day, identifying the actual state of the industry and its future requirements.
“This helps guide the IMCA Lifting and Rigging Management Committee in defining its future work scope on codes and guidance. The attendees (representatives from marine-related contractors, suppliers, associations, academia and related industry bodies) also benefit, for what they hear about can help support the direction of their own R&D. The output from past seminars has influenced and shaped key areas of our industry and this one is set to perform just as useful a task.”
He also outlines the theme, which focuses on the technical side of offshore lifting and on the challenges created in the renewable energy market; and the topics that will include:
- IMCA’s Lifting & Rigging Committee’s reflections of recent incidents and lessons learned along with updates on the Committee’s ongoing programme
- Assurance and development of relevant industry codes
- Sessions covering the experience and challenges encountered by key marine contractors related to offshore lifting, with specific focus on the renewable energy sector
- Supplier sessions covering their current proven technology, new and future technology
- Open panel discussions with key industry experts.
- And finally, “The future” presentations from academia, covering new technology that is being researched and developed within the universities
We have four confirmed as sponsors of the day-long event with other sponsorship opportunities available. These and the full agenda and registration are at www.imca-int.com/calendar/imca-lifting-rigging-seminar-2022/
The delegate fee for IMCA members is £100 and £200 for non-members (plus Netherlands VAT at 21%).