Published on 19 November 2018
- Finalists announced for IMCA awards
- Awards to be presented at IMCA’s Annual Seminar, 28-29 November
The International Marine Contractors Association (IMCA) has announced the finalists for its Safety and Environmental Sustainability Awards.
Three companies have been short-listed for each award. Both awards will be presented on Day 1 of IMCA’s Annual Seminar, on 28 November at the World Forum in The Hague, The Netherlands. The awards are based on the best safety and environmental sustainability initiatives developed by IMCA member companies over the past two years.
The three companies shortlisted for the Safety Award are:
- MMA Offshore for its strategy and plans on ‘Target 365: A perfect day every day’,
- SBM Offshore for its ‘Safety culture journey – a step change in SBM’s journey to HSSE excellence’, and
- Subsea 7 for ‘Driving IMCA’s Resilience Awareness Programme videos’.
The Safety Award will be presented to the winning company by Ian Silk, Shell’s VP Conventional Oil & Gas Projects. Ian will also be speaking in the Seminar’s opening session on ‘A supermajor’s view of what it is going to take for us to win together’.
Three companies have also been short-listed for the Environmental Sustainability Award. They are:
- Boskalis on ‘Using biofuels to reduce emissions’,
- Heerema Marine Contractors for the newest addition to its fleet, the Sleipnir and the use of LNG fuel, and
- TechnipFMC for its project on the ‘Elimination of employee generated single-use plastics’.
Atle Reinseth, Equinor’s VP Project Development – Tie-back & Brownfield, will present the winning company with the award. He will also be speaking at the Seminar on ‘Environmental sustainability’.
IMCA’s CEO Allen Leatt said: “Safety lies at the heart of all that IMCA does on behalf of its members, and likewise environmental sustainability is central to our marine strategy.
“We felt it important to highlight, by means of these awards, the work of our members in constantly improving safety and environmental sustainability levels.”
Further information on IMCA and its work on behalf of the global offshore marine construction industry is available from www.imca-int.com and firstname.lastname@example.org. The association has LinkedIn and Facebook groups and its Twitter handle is @IMCAint
Sponsors and exhibitors for the Annual Seminar include:
- KBA Training
- Pommec BV
- Submarine Manufacturing & Products Ltd
- Unique Group
Information on the IMCA Annual Seminar (including the full programme and registration) is at www.imca-int.com/events/imca-annual-seminar-2018-the-hague/# .