Published on 30 October 2020
With the aim of raising awareness of health and safety requirements, and the importance of sharing lessons learned within the offshore renewable energy industry, the International Marine Contractors Association (IMCA) is holding a webinar on ‘Health & Safety – Our industry’s priority’.
This online event, hosted by IMCA’s Marine Renewable Energy Committee on 17 November at 14:00hrs GMT, provides an opportunity for IMCA Members to participate in a session focusing on health and safety in the offshore renewables industry.
The current agenda is as follows:
- Moderated by Alan MacLeay, Chair of IMCA’s Marine Renewable Energy Committee
- Allen Leatt, IMCA Chief Executive
- Trevor Johnson, HM Principal Inspector of Health, Safety, Wind and Marine Energy Team, UK Health & Safety Executive
- Cheri Hunter, Renewable Energy Program Coordinator, Bureau of Safety and Environmental Enforcement (BSEE), the US Health & Safety Regulator
- Kate Harvey, General Manager, G+ Global Offshore Wind Health and Safety Organisation
- Nick Hough, IMCA Technical Adviser – Health & Safety
Allen Leatt, IMCA Chief Executive explained:
“Safety lies at the heart of IMCA’s work. This has been so since our early beginnings in 1972. Through our Marine Renewable Energy Committee, we aim to share and promote relevant experience and best practice between the oil and gas and renewable energy industries for the benefit of all our Members operating in this rapidly growing global arena.
“Hosting this webinar presents an ideal opportunity to highlight safety with our Members and we are delighted to have both UK and US regulators supporting us alongside G+ who are a key stakeholder in this area.”
Who will attend?
This webinar is free to attend and should be of interest to IMCA Members with an interest in Health & Safety and/or the offshore renewable energy industry. Registration for the webinar is now open at https://www.imca-int.com/events/webinar-health-safety-our-industrys-priority/.
Questions relating to the event should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org