The IMCA Security Committee continues to work to raise awareness of security issues that can potentially harm member companies. Information provided in this regular Security Bulletin is intended to be used by members to either directly pass on to employees or use the material it contains as part of an existing company security awareness programme.
The ‘Be cyber aware at sea’ web site is recognised as a useful tool to assist in raising awareness. Each IMCA security bulletin refers the reader to one of the ‘Be cyber aware at sea’ poster and video campaigns, in this bulletin it is ‘Check your email – is there something PHISHY going on?’ – look out for misspellings and errors in grammar in phishing emails.
- Link to poster here
The ‘Be cyber aware at sea’ web site has a very informative video recommended for your viewing, available here.
Members may also wish to see:
- United States Coast Guard (USCG) Vessel Cyber Risk Management Work Instruction CVC-WI-027(1) (27 October)
- Standard Club Maritime Cyber Risk Management Guidelines
Links to recent security related information:
- ReCAAP Q3 report on Piracy and Armed Robbery Against Ships in Asia (Regional Cooperation Agreement on Combating Piracy and Armed Robbery against Ships in Asia) document here
- DNK IOC Monthly Threat Assessment – November 2020 document here
- DNK IOC Monthly Threat Assessment – December 2020 document here
- DNK IOC intelligence report (INTREP) – Methane Princess K&R Attack offshore Nigeria 27 November document here
- Combined Maritime Forces Industry Releasable Threat Assessment (IRTA) December 2020 for Red Sea, Bab al Mandeb Strait (BAM), Gulf of Aden (GOA) and Western Indian Ocean document here
Technical Adviser - HSSE and Offshore Survey
Information Note Details
Published date: 17 December 2020
Information note ID: 1546
IMCA’s store terms and conditions (https://www.imca-int.com/legal-notices/terms/) apply to all downloads from IMCA’s website, including this document.
IMCA makes every effort to ensure the accuracy and reliability of the data contained in the documents it publishes, but IMCA shall not be liable for any guidance and/or recommendation and/or statement herein contained. The information contained in this document does not fulfil or replace any individual’s or Member's legal, regulatory or other duties or obligations in respect of their operations. Individuals and Members remain solely responsible for the safe, lawful and proper conduct of their operations.