Members are advised that a number of revised IMCA DESIGN suite documents are about to be published. They are:
- IMCA D 018 Rev. 2 – Code of practice for the initial and periodic examination, testing and certification of diving plant and equipment
- IMCA D 024 Rev. 3 – DESIGN for saturation (bell) diving systems
- IMCA D 063 – DESIGN for Hyperbaric Rescue Unit (HRU) Life Support Packages (LSP)
- IMCA D 069 – Guidance on the Systematic Assessment of Control Systems in Automated Diving Plant and Equipment
Where appropriate, each new DESIGN suite document will be accompanied by the publication of an IMCA Information Note summarising the changes that were made during the revision process.
As the revised DESIGN guidelines are published, each of the new documents will not compulsorily replace the previous versions for a period of up to one year. After a year has elapsed, the older version of each document will be withdrawn, and members will be expected to comply with the latest revisions.
During the year of overlap, IMCA Members may choose to comply with DESIGN by meeting the requirements of either the old or the new versions of IMCA D 018 and the other DESIGN suite documents (both versions will be available to Members on the IMCA website).
This arrangement is intended to give IMCA members a suitable period of time to make appropriate adjustments to their diving plant and equipment and to their equipment management arrangements so as to facilitate full compliance with the new DESIGN documents once the old versions have been withdrawn.
For more information, please contact [email protected].
Information Note Details
Published date: 23 December 2021
Information note ID: 1593
- Dive technician competence and training
- The initial and periodic examination, testing and certification of hyperbaric evacuation launch systems
- Code of practice for the initial and periodic examination, testing and certification of diving plant and equipment
- Diving Equipment Systems Inspection Guidance Note (DESIGN) for surface orientated (air) diving systems
- DESIGN for saturation (bell) diving systems
- DESIGN for surface supplied mixed gas diving systems
- DESIGN for mobile/portable surface supplied systems
- Acrylic plastic viewports
- DESIGN for the hyperbaric reception facility (HRF) forming part of a hyperbaric evacuation system (HES)
- Oil lubricated compressors
- Pressure Gauges and Other Forms of Pressure Monitoring Equipment Used in Conjunction with Diving Operations
- Diving Equipment Systems Inspection Guidance Note – DESIGN for Hyperbaric Rescue Unit (HRU) Life Support Packages (LSP)
- Guidance on the Systematic Assessment of Control Systems in Automated Diving Plant and Equipment
IMCA’s store terms and conditions (https://www.imca-int.com/legal-notices/terms/) apply to all downloads from IMCA’s website, including this document.
IMCA makes every effort to ensure the accuracy and reliability of the data contained in the documents it publishes, but IMCA shall not be liable for any guidance and/or recommendation and/or statement herein contained. The information contained in this document does not fulfil or replace any individual’s or Member's legal, regulatory or other duties or obligations in respect of their operations. Individuals and Members remain solely responsible for the safe, lawful and proper conduct of their operations.