IMCA D 024 Rev. 2 DESIGN for saturation (bell) diving systems was published in July 2014. Section 16 of that document covered DESIGN requirements for Hyperbaric Rescue Unit Life Support Packages. During the preparation of IMCA D 024 Rev. 3, it was recognised that an LSP is kept in a different physical location to the equipment covered by IMCA D 024, and so the LSP should have its own separate DESIGN document.
In view of the above, Section 16 of IMCA D 024 Rev. 2 was not included in IMCA D 024 Rev. 3. The DESIGN requirements for an LSP are now published in the stand-alone document IMCA D 063 DESIGN for Hyperbaric Rescue Unit (HRU) Life Support Packages (LSP).
This Information Note summarises the changes that were made during the D 024 Section 16 to IMCA D 063 update process.
Table 1 – Summary of Changes Made to the HRU LSP Requirements During the 2021 DESIGN Revision
For more information, please contact [email protected].
Information Note Details
Published date: 23 December 2021
Information note ID: 1597
- Emergency procedures – provisions to be included for diving bell recovery
- Dive technician competence and training
- Battery packs in pressure housings
- The initial and periodic examination, testing and certification of hyperbaric evacuation launch systems
- Guidance on auditing of diving systems
- Guidance on stainless steel in oxygen systems
- IMCA international code of practice for offshore diving
- Code of practice for the initial and periodic examination, testing and certification of diving plant and equipment
- Guidance on installation based diving operations and the evacuation of divers from installations
- Marking of hyperbaric rescue systems designed to float in water
- FME(C)A guide for diving systems
- DESIGN for the hyperbaric reception facility (HRF) forming part of a hyperbaric evacuation system (HES)
- Prevention of explosions during battery charging in relation to diving systems
- Pressure gauges and other forms of pressure monitoring equipment used in conjunction with diving operations
- Diving Equipment Systems Inspection Guidance Note – DESIGN for Hyperbaric Rescue Unit (HRU) Life Support Packages (LSP)
- Guidance on the Systematic Assessment of Control Systems in Automated Diving Plant and Equipment
IMCA’s store terms and conditions (https://www.imca-int.com/legal-notices/terms/) apply to all downloads from IMCA’s website, including this document.
IMCA makes every effort to ensure the accuracy and reliability of the data contained in the documents it publishes, but IMCA shall not be liable for any guidance and/or recommendation and/or statement herein contained. The information contained in this document does not fulfil or replace any individual’s or Member's legal, regulatory or other duties or obligations in respect of their operations. Individuals and Members remain solely responsible for the safe, lawful and proper conduct of their operations.