Published on 13 March 2017
In this edition of IMCA’s newsletter, Making Waves, we go behind the scenes of the first US offshore wind project, with the President of Deepwater Wind and former IMCA SEL Committee Chairman, Chris van Beek. In a wide ranging interview, he gives us a look at some of the operational, logistical, regulatory and contractual challenges that were overcome to deliver the project.
Other highlights of issue 82 include:
- Progress on the transition to the new governance arrangements in 2017, particularly committee member tools and elections
- This new website and changes to document access and classification
- Launch of the new series of safety video shorts and pocket cards
- DP developments, including IMCA guidance and IMO recognition
- All the usual updates on documentation, events and membership.