Published on 14 April 2023
IMCA’s Quickfire, Totally Technology Session provides an opportunity for businesses – often small and medium sized companies – to showcase their ideas and innovations to industry leaders in a lively, engaging and inspiring way.
A regular feature of IMCA’s event programme, we are delighted to share the companies that will be presenting at this year’s DP Conference which takes place in Amsterdam on 9-10 May 2023:
- CorePower Energy, with a presentation entitled “New nuclear for Maritime”
- Oceaneering will present their C-Nav LEO positioning solution.
- Onestep Power’s presentation explores their Designed for Validation (D4V) concept.
- Sonardyne will present their SPRINT-Nav, Ship Position Reference System.
- The Switch will share their Semiconductor-based protection concept, which allows DP operations with closed bus ties in DC distribution.
- Zelim will share information on the future of fast rescue craft and close standby operations.
Technical Adviser – Marine
Richard Purser, Technical Adviser Marine at IMCA commented on this year’s line-up:
“We’re looking forward to an exciting and informative session and an engaged audience of technical experts who will pose some probing questions.
“We’re delighted to share some of the very best innovations in our sector. Last year the session was a real highlight for attendees and we’re looking forward to learning more about these new technologies and services which have the potential to transform both how we work on a day-to-day basis, and how our industry overcomes the larger challenges it faces.”
How Quickfire works:
Abstracts are submitted and reviewed by a panel of experts at IMCA and successful applicants attend and present during the event.
The Quickfire session takes place on 9 May straight after lunch in a strictly timed session with the moderator using a countdown clock. When the presenter reaches the 10 minute deadline they are stopped whether they have finished their presentation or not!
Background information on the company and its business is minimal – we don’t want lengthy corporate presentations. There will be a short Q&A session with all the Quickfire companies where the audience has the opportunity to quiz the presenters on their innovation.
Registration for DP Conference 2023 is open and further information on the programme is available on our website.