The scheme for Trainee Diving System Inspectors is currently being developed.
Our Certification Process ensures that candidates meet the criteria set for specific industry roles. We work closely with our Members to ensure that all our Certification Schemes are current and meet the needs of our industry.
IMCA is in the process of developing an IMCA Accredited Diving System Inspector (ADSI) scheme. The work of IMCA Accredited Diving System Inspectors will be to conduct IMCA Diving Equipment Systems Inspection Guidance Note (DESIGN) audits.
The IMCA ADSI scheme will be open to personnel either already acting as a diving system inspector or gaining experience in order to become one. It is intended to apply to personnel conducting DESIGN audits and preparing DESIGN audit inspection reports. Such personnel perform a critically important role for the offshore energy diving industry.
Technical Adviser – Diving
Error: Contact form not found.
The objectives of the IMCA ADSI scheme are to:
- Introduce an industry recognised professional accreditation for this important group of skilled workers
- Help the offshore energy diving industry ensure ‘objective auditing’ of diving systems by individual inspectors
- Improve the quality, consistency, professionalism and credibility of diving system DESIGN inspections
- Give diving contractors, client companies and other stakeholders confidence that the diving systems installed and used on diving platforms that have been subject to DESIGN inspections are fit for purpose and safe to use
- Provide assurance that diving system inspectors who conduct DESIGN inspections for diving system operators and client companies are:
- trained and accredited to a recognised industry standard
- competent to undertake their duties
- able to prepare and deliver consistently high-quality DESIGN diving system inspection reports
- able to conduct their duties at all times with professionalism, objectivity, independence, courtesy, and integrity.
The scheme will have two categories of accreditation.
- An inspector of surface orientated diving systems against the requirements of IMCA D 018 – Code of practice for the initial and periodic examination, testing and certification of diving plant and equipment – and IMCA’s surface orientated diving DESIGN documents.
- An inspector of saturation diving systems against the requirements of IMCA D 018 and IMCA’s saturation diving DESIGN documents.
Please note that anyone seeking certification as an ADSI for saturation diving systems will need to have already passed an IMCA ADSI examination for surface diving systems.