Information to help you through the process
Here you will find some details which will help you to be prepare for taking your exam in advance of the date and also when you are at the invigilation centre.
IMCA Accreditation & Certification Team
Once you are ready to take your exams you will be registered through our exam platform – TestReach.
You will receive a username, password, exam details (date / location / etc). This email will come from TestReach. If you have not received these details please check your spam folder.
Candidates – actions:
Candidates must take the username & password with them to the exam in order to log into the system.
Candidates are requested to take photo identification for confirmation by the exam centre.
Candidates who report late for an exam may be refused entry. Candidates are therefore recommended to arrive around 30 minutes early.
Candidates will only be allowed exam support material to their seats. Bags and personal belongings, including mobile phones and other electronic aids that could be used for communication or photography, must be placed in the designated place at the exam venue. Mobile phones must be switched off. Permitted material is restricted to water. (Pen/pencil, scrap paper will be provided by the exam centre). Note that those exams that require the use of a calculator have this facility built in to the exam template however, hand-held calculators will be provided.
Invigilators will ensure that candidates have the correct web address to log into the TestReach system.
During the exam
- All unnecessary conversation and any other noise that disturbs the candidates must be avoided.
- Any conversation about exam questions and exam subjects is not permitted.
- Candidates must not under any circumstances communicate with each other or with other external parties. This also applies to toilet visits.
- If there is a fire alarm, candidates and invigilators must immediately leave the exam room, and follow further instructions from the Exam Centre. IMCA should be advised if such an event occurs.
At the end of an exam
- The TestReach exam screen has a timer – a countdown clock advising candidates of the time remaining. Many candidates will not require the full time given. Once the exam is complete it is submitted by clicking a button on the top right-hand corner of the screen. This automatically closes the exam and communicates the results to IMCA.
- Permitted material (pen/pencil, scrap paper) should be given to the invigilator and candidates should leave the room in a quiet and orderly way so not to disrupt fellow candidates.
- IMCA will contact candidates in due course advising of the outcome of the exam and next steps.
Secure your exam place
Contact our Certification Team above to provide us with your details, make payment and secure your place at one of the exam centres.