- This event has passed.
IMCA DP Conference 2023
We are proud to say that Dynamic Positioning is in our DNA as our heritage goes back to 1989 in this area.
Following on from our successful Dynamic Positioning (DP) Conference in 2022, we are delighted to share details for our 2023 event:
- Keynote speaker, Karen Davis, Managing Director, OCIMF.
- Ask the industry Q&A session which will focus on the operational challenges and solutions experienced in switching between the oil & gas and wind sectors.
- Dr Steve Cargill, DNV is hosting a session focusing on the impact of hybrid on a vessel’s DP configuration.
- A dedicated session on offshore renewable energy looking at DP related challenges of floating wind.
- Updates on the technical work of IMCA’s DP Committee.
- Session focused on training and assurance in the DP world.
- IMCA’s QuickFire round featuring the latest in DP related innovation:
– CorePower Energy with a presentation entitled “New nuclear for Maritime”
– Onestep Power will share their Designed for Validation (D4V) concept.
– Sonardyne will explore their SPRINT-Nav, Ship Position Reference System.
– The Switch will discuss their Semiconductor-based protection concept, which allows DP operations with closed bus ties in DC distribution.
– Zelim will present the future of fast rescue craft and close standby operations.
– Oceaneering will present their C-Nav LEO positioning solution
Our primary focus is on technical and operational matters relating to DP. Once again this event will be of interest to those involved in both offshore renewable energy and offshore oil & gas operations.
This two-day conference will provide an opportunity for IMCA members and industry colleagues to participate in an industry forum where attendees will hear from experts in Dynamic Positioning and have the opportunity to participate in Q&A sessions and workshops helping to formulate the work programme for IMCA’s Dynamic Positioning Committee.
Outputs from this conference will continue to influence and shape this area of our industry.
- Parties involved in offshore renewable energy.
- Parties involved in offshore oil & gas operations.
- Representatives from a variety of marine-related contractors, suppliers, associations and related industry bodies.
- Anyone with an interest in dynamic positioning and related activities.
- DP Practitioners, Key DP Personnel, AVIs (special rates are available).
Exhibition and sponsorship opportunities
Exhibition and Sponsorship opportunities are available. To express interest in this event please contact: [email protected]
9 May 2023 09:00 Amsterdam
Ends 10 May 2023 (ends 16:00) Amsterdam
IMCA Members: £300
* AVIs, DP Practitioners and Seagoing staff with proof of service qualify for member rate.
Terms & Conditions apply.
Please note that the Steigenberger is now full however a couple of options for accommodation are:
Walking distance the Renaissance Amsterdam Schiphol Airport Hotel, telephone + 31 297 228686
10 minutes by taxi sister hotel, IntercityHotel Amsterdam Airport, telephone +63 1 20 240 6700
Should they be cancellations you may still be able to get special event rates for accommodation booked through this link.
Please contact the hotel directly regarding any accommodation queries on [email protected]
Complimentary Steinberger shuttle bus runs from bus stop A9 outside Schiphol Airport terminal, between 06:00 and 23:00.