Published on 3 August 2018
IMCA has circulated draft revised versions of the eCMID (IMCA M 149 Issue 11) and eMISW (IMCA M 189 Issue 4) inspection templates. These provide advance notice of changes, as well as providing an opportunity for users to comment on the question sets prior to publication, planned for early September.
- The eCMID update includes:
- new questions on cybersecurity
- new questions on the Maritime Labour Convention 2006
- a new supplement on reactivation, reflecting the recent IMCA information note, which will be made available to eCMID users shortly
- additional guidance on the existing questions and references that identify the basis for requirements
- Both documents have also been reviewed in full and minor updates included to reflect regulatory and technical developments. We have removed a small number of questions that were deemed non-essential, to help avoid unnecessarily lengthening the inspection reports.
All users are reminded that only eCMID/eMISW inspection reports uploaded into the eCMID database by accredited vessel inspectors (AVIs) are now recognised by IMCA. The consultation PDFs are not to be used as the basis for offline reports and must not be exported to any editable format.
Please provide any feedback using the attached comments form by 31 AUGUST 2018.
To coincide with these new inspection templates, we will also be publishing:
- an updated IMCA M 167 – Guidance on the eCMID system – which will include the introductory/explanatory sections previously found in the eCMID/eMISW templates plus additional notes on the inspection process and IMCA policy.
- fully updated and extended user guides to the website and application, in user-friendly web page and video formats. These will replace the current outdated PDF user guides