Published on 15 March 2023
IMCA has launched a thirteenth unit for its well-respected Diving Supervisor CPD App.
The App, which initially launched in 2020, is aimed at facilitating Continuing Professional Development (CPD) which became mandatory for certified IMCA Diving Supervisors in January 2021.
Designed to enable supervisors to easily demonstrate that appropriate CPD has been completed, it is available on both Apple and Android phones and tablet devices. For those working at sea, or with poor data connections, the content including interactive tutorials can be downloaded to be completed offline.
Commenting on its publication, Bryan McGlinchy, Diving Manager at IMCA, said: “We’re delighted to share this latest update to our Diving Supervisor CPD App which forms a key part of IMCA’s ongoing commitment to improving safety standards in offshore diving.
Error: Contact form not found.
“Like its predecessors, the new unit adds yet more relevant content to the application’s library. The material is designed to help Diving Supervisors be as well-prepared as possible to face the numerous safety related challenges they encounter on a daily basis.”
- The latest update covers the following topics:
- CM25 – Surface Decompression – Near Miss
- CM26 – Umbilical Management – Near Miss
- ADS49 – Wet Bell Part 2 Pre-dive Checks & Monitoring
- ADS50 – IMCA D 070 Guidance on the Use of Inert Gas
- ADS51 – Oxygen Toxicity
- ADS52 – IMCA D 074 Guidance on Underwater Excavation Works Involving Divers
- BDS13 – In-Bell Resuscitation
The full list of units, and the topics covered, can be viewed at the dedicated Diving CPD pages. The pages also include a full FAQ, as well as details on how to register for the Diving Supervisor CPD App.
Feedback from App users over the last three years has been hugely positive, with many praising both the ease of use and content, as well as its role in improving diver safety.
- “I have just completed the last IMCA CPD [unit] and wanted to say that I found the tool easy to use and excellent for Continuing Professional Development.”
- “Thank you for promoting safety in the diving industry.”
- “Best App ever for keeping the supervisors current and up to date with what’s happening out there.”
- “I am constantly hearing negative comments regarding courses for working offshore, however, what you have produced is excellent for a supervisor to refresh their memory.”
- “Thanks for thinking of divers’ safety.”
- “The App is a brilliant idea. Thanks for getting the industry on the right track.”
- “This is a good way to keep up to date and to communicate important issues to Diving Supervisors.”
- “A very nice way to keep yourself updated with IMCA Guidelines.”
The App is available to all IMCA certified Diving Supervisors, and registrations can also be accepted from both Australian Diver Accreditation Scheme (ADAS) and Diver Certification Board of Canada (DCBC) Diving Supervisors. Find out more and sign-up today.
|23 March 2023||IMCA enhances offshore Diving Supervisor App||British Diver|
|17 March 2023||IMCA launched thirteenth unit for the Diving Supervisor CPD App||Marine Regulation News|
|16 March 2023||IMCA launches thirteenth unit for its Diving Supervisor CPD App||Hellenic Shipping News Worldwide|
|15 March 2023||IMCA launches thirteenth unit for its Diving Supervisor CPD App||All About Shipping|