Welcome to the online version of the IMCA monthly summary.
Here you can find a handy list of all IMCA output – publications, information notes, minutes, news updates, events information and more - to help you catch up, or to identify the issues we’ve been working on that are the most important to you.
Browse the latest six months' output, or filter further back or for any specific period.
No articles published during this period.
- Unsafe lifting operations
- Deliberate failure to follow instructions: unsafe/quarantined tools brought back into use
- MAIB: Loss of cargo containers overboard from container ship Ever Smart
- US Coast Guard: Damaged control cables can contribute to unintended opening of a hook
- US Coast Guard: Addressing hazardous area electrical issues
- UK HSE: Two workers suffer multiple burn injuries
- LTI: Leg Fractured While Loading Tubulars
- Hand injury from portable handheld Angle Grinder
- Serious leg injury from falling winch sheave
- Near miss: sudden Loss of air from diver bail-out bottle
- Fall of a suspended load on general cargo vessel ZEA Servant injuring two crew
- Dropped Object from Derrick
- Provisions Crane damaged by Main Deck Crane
- Near miss: Lever Hoist Failure
- High potential DROPS near miss: failed crane component
- Introduction to hybrid battery systems for DP vessels
- Risk based assessment of cylinder internal examination periodicity
- TechnipFMC – Safe Hands Lifting
- Basic Safety Training Requirements for Vessel Personnel Employed in the Offshore Renewable Energy Sector
- Guidelines on the management of survey and inspection data
- Minimum quantities of gas required offshore